Sometimes, it is not enough to host an event. Sometimes, you have to invite a guest speaker or a few guest appearance speakers so your event can be elevated to a much higher level.
When planning a corporate or social event, it’s essential to consider what kind of speaker will add the most value. For example, a keynote speaker with vast experience and knowledge can be very beneficial but sometimes, finding someone who meets that criteria can be challenging. An alternative option is to invite a guest speaker.
There are several reasons why inviting guest speakers could be the difference between a great event and one you’ll want to jump out of. For starters, guest appearance speakers often have unique insights that aren’t available from regular speakers. They may also have a rapport with attendees that regular speakers may not have. Finally, guests may be more accessible and willing to share their experiences in some cases than regular speakers.
Regardless of the reasons, it’s important to consider whether or not inviting guest speakers is the right move for your event. If you’re unsure, reach out to an event planner or speaker agency for advice on how to do it.
Why you should hire a speaker
They’ll add value to the proceedings.
When you hire a guest speaker, you’re getting someone who has a lot to share. They can give valuable insights into their field, and they’ll also be able to help participants learn something new. Having a speaker at your event will improve the discussion quality and create an environment where attendees can learn and grow.
They’ll help promote dialogue and learning.
When you have a guest speaker at your event, they will want to talk about their experiences and what they’ve learned. This means they will be instrumental in promoting dialogue and learning among participants.
Types of Guest appearance speakers
- Professional Speakers: If you’re looking for an exciting and informative addition to your event, consider hiring a professional speaker. These individuals have experience in their field and can share valuable information with your attendees. Professional speakers often charge a fee, but having them speak at your event is worth it.
- Celebrity Speakers: If you want your event to stand out from the rest, consider booking a celebrity speaker. These individuals are well known within their respective fields, and their presence will likely draw attention to your gathering. Celebrities often charge a hefty fee for their time, but it’s worth it if you want your event to be a success.
- Fun Speakers: Sometimes, all you need is someone who will inject some fun into your event. A fun speaker can engage your attendees and make the experience more enjoyable.
When you’re putting together your conference or meeting, one of the most important decisions is who will be speaking. But what do you need to know about your guest appearance speakers before booking them? Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the speaker is qualified. They should have relevant experience or knowledge to help your audience learn and engage with their presentation.
- Confirm that the speaker is available and willing to travel. If they’re not local to your area, it may be difficult for them to attend your event without sacrificing their schedule.
- Finally, take into account the speaker’s style and delivery. Some speakers are more expressive than others; some prefer a start-to-finish presentation, while others like to walk around and answer questions after their talk. Determine what kind of interaction your audience wants and plan accordingly.
Alison Lurie is a farmer of words in the field of creativity. She is an experienced independent content writer with a demonstrated history of working in the writing and editing industry. She is a multi-niche content chef who loves cooking new things.